Tuesday, February 06, 2007

In the Name of the Father

We looked at the Crusades today. I hope at least a few of you appreciated (and learned from) the video today. It presents information in a more dramatic manner, utilizing the news story method. These 30-minute videos may seem cheesy, but they're chock full of goodness.

Since it looks like only my AP group looks at this site (if anyone does), I'm going to limit my posts to be AP-centric. I'll prossibly lecture on Wednesday, and you'll definitely take a quiz on Thursday or Friday (chapters 9 & 10).

Govt/Econ: More Taxes for the next 2 days.
WS 10: You'll watch the Crusades video on Wednesday, followed by a map on Thursday.

Extra Credit opportunity for any and all: Go to the Black & White dance (I'll get a copy of the ticket list).

Oh - Spain group: I know you question the value of the meetings, but trust me when I say you will appreciate them in time. You'll be spending a lot of time with one another and have only each other to lean on when away from your family in a distant, foreign locale. And learn the phrases - preparedness is key! I would also like a couple of people to serve as tour guides for Toledo, Sevilla, and Madrid. What should we go see? What should we avoid? I'm interested in seeing a soccer match (if I can figure out when/where) - it would be a minor league game since all 1st Division matches are on Sundays only. I'm also interested in a bullfight if they are in season...anyone else? Just to let you know - I plan on seeing a movie or two as well. I think it will be fun to catch a flick in a Spanish cinema (perhaps Pan's Labyrinth or Volver - if they're still out). And since we'll be on the coast - perhaps I should dig out my speedo...

No comments: