Sunday, February 10, 2008

Anonymous

Some people feel I should continue to allow anonymous comments. I am going to explain why I no longer allow them - people should not be allowed to hide and lob philosophical hand grenades. I won't mock anyone who hasn't already asked for it ahead of time. So, from here on out - if you have something to contribute, you must register...

AP Govt
Post a comment about your Caucus experience for EC.

AP WS
To say I am disappointed in the "essay" is too weak. I am thoroughly pi$$ed off that so many of you believe you can write 10 sentences and receive credit. I wanted a 2-page essay trimmed to 1 page. Instead, I received so much empty paper and hollow comments, I stopped reading.

You will have until Wednesday to correct the situation - turn in a hard copy to me by class time - a FULL 1-page essay. Do not disappoint me.

4 comments:

Muskiemauler/Rackman McHugh said...

Romo Guess what?! This is CJ here. I'm trying to get the hang of this stuff. My caucus....i was surprised at how in sensitive my "representative was" i felt like telling him that he was at the wrong one. That the dick's polling place was somewhere else.

There ya go.
CJ

Noah da Boa said...

this is Noah Kleinschmidt

I got to Lake Harriet Upper Campus 15 minutes before caucusing was done so I was in a hurry. I was with Teddy. Neither one of us were asked about IDs, which was weird. It was super informal. There were very few people age 18-25. Maybe ten out of the 200 or so who were there. I saw three black people. One guy rushed in at the last second to vote and everybody told him he was too late so Teddy and I laughed. We stayed for a while untill they announced who won. While we waited they chose delegates for the Senatorial shimdig. Obama whooped butt - he got almost exactly 75% of the 500 something votes. Edwards got two.

TEDDYBEAR said...

This is Teddy.
SOOO, I see noah beat me to commenting. So like noah said we walked to lake harriet upper campus for the caucus. They did not check our idenification which was surpirising and makes me question if these caucuses really matter if they dont even check id's. We voted on little ripped up pieces of paper. which made me laugh.There were an abundance of old people there, and hardly any teenagers, i think i saw two others besides noah and I. We witnessed the election of delgates for our district after the voting had taken place. Then a huge discussion was raised on how the people should of been informed that they had to be a delegate to discuss issues in the community.We heard terms from robert's rules of order while they were discussing their issues.
I did feel a sense of pride being one of the few teenagers participating in a political event. My only wish would have to be for the caucus to be a bit more organized, i think the image of disorganization and informalness of the caucus reflects the strength our political system and i hope to see some changes in the future.

Freakthis said...

post more stuff here now. nothing new to read!