Thursday, January 17, 2008

Three Spies

AP Govt
Let's see - after today's THINK, we went through yesterday's newspaper story about MN being in a recession. This was followed by some work in the JA Study Guide. Tomorrow will be about grades and some study tips for the final. People have asked me for study guides - there really aren't any and the best thing I can recommend are the notes some of you have taken and shared throughout the course. Ask to see one another's notebooks. Make copies. Study.

AP WS
We watched a video about Africa: A History Denied. I interjected at times to share some extra tidbits. I hope you learned something.

WS 5 & 6
You were given some time to finish the homework that is due tomorrow. I am also giving you the opportunity to turn in a castle on Tuesday for half credit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romo I was wondering why should I nominate you for teacher of the year over Percy.

I am also concerned about some of the things said about a certain relgion in your third period. I do not happen to be of this religion (I'm atheist) but I still find it rude. So in the future if anything like this raises again please shun it, I don't feel it should be tolerated in a public school.

Romo said...

You can nominate whomever you choose...it's not a competition.

Regarding the religion issue - you'll need to explain yourself so I can have a chance to explain and respond to your concern.

FYI - I will never shun anyone or his/her ideas. If someone expresses something insensitive or rude, it is better to discuss reasoning. Censorship usually hides problems while discussion leads us down the path toward understanding and resolution.